How to Choose the Best Leaf Blowers
Choosing a leaf blower is easy. After all, all you need is a machine that can help you get rid of the leaves around your home without hours of raking, right? If you think so, then you are wrong! Choosing a leaf blower that matches your needs is much more complicated than you possibly think. This piece will help you avoid the mistakes most homeowners make and also help you find a leaf blower that will meet your needs. Want to buy a leaf blower? Here is what you should consider.
Like many machines, blowers can be powered by electricity or gasoline. Which one should you go for?
Electric Leaf Blowers
These blowers are quieter and lighter. They are also low maintenance machines when compared to gas-powered leaf blowers. Electric leaf blowers are categorized into two; cordless and corded blowers.
- Cordless Blowers – Cordless equals good mobility. These blowers run on high-voltage batteries that need to be recharged, which means that you may want to have a spare battery depending on the size of your yard.
- Corded Blowers – Since they are corded, it means they are suitable for small yards near the house.
Gas-Powered Leaf Blowers
Gas-powered leaf blowers offer users maximum mobility and running time. If you want to blow leaves in a large area, go for these blowers.
Heavy-Duty VS Light-Duty Leaf Blowers
- Light-Duty Leaf Blowers – If you want a blower to blow leaves from driveways or decks, go for a light-duty leaf blower. Most cordless electric blowers are in this group because most of them don’t have big fans or motors, and this makes them the quickest blowers available on the market.
- Heavy-Duty Leaf Blowers – If you have a big yard or a yard that has heavy-duty leaves, these are the leaf blowers you want. You can choose the electric or gas powered heavy-duty leaf blowers because they all work efficiently. However, we would advise you to go for electric heavy-duty leaf blowers because they seem to have the best combination of power, convenience, and quietness.
Types of Leaf Blowers
When it comes to leaf blower types, you have to answer tough questions. Do you want a heavy-duty or a light-duty leaf blower? Do you want a hand-held or a backpack leaf blower? To answer these questions, you have to know your needs and also consider how your landscaping is set up. Here are the types of leaf blowers.
Hand-Held VS Backpack Leaf Blowers
When it comes to leaf blower designs and styles, there are two main types of leaf blowers each of which suits different tasks. Here are the two styles:
Handheld Leaf Blowers
These are the most common types of leaf blowers. If you have a small yard, this is the best option for you. However, if you go for this option, you will be required to choose between a handheld gas blower and a handheld electric blower. Which one is the best?
- Handheld Electric Blower – When compared to handheld gas blowers, handheld electric blowers are lighter and less expensive. They do not produce a lot of noise. However, regardless of whether you choose a cord or a cordless handheld electric blower, these blowers don’t have good mobility compared to their gas-powered counterparts.
- Handheld Gas Blowers – These blowers can work anywhere and are easy to maintain and operate. Nonetheless, when compared with handheld electric blowers, handheld leaf blowers are heavier, noisier, and, of course, more expensive.
Backpack Leaf Blowers
As the name suggests, these leaf blowers are worn on your back. This helps take some weight off your arms, allowing you to work faster and for a longer period of time. Again, if you go for this option, you will be required to choose between backpack gas leaf blower and an electric backpack leaf blower. Which one should you go for?
- Backpack Gas Leaf Blowers – These are the most powerful leaf blowers and, therefore, the heaviest and the noisiest leaf blowers in the market right now. They are the beast if you are dealing with heavy-duty leaves in a big compound. However, the fact that they are heavy means that you cannot wear them for a long period. You’ll also not be able to work faster. They are also more expensive than electric powered backpack leaf blowers.
- Electric Powered Backpack Leaf Blowers – These blowers are light, more environmentally friendly, and produce less noise. They allow users to work faster and for a long time. They are also relatively inexpensive. However, they are not as powerful as backpack gas leaf blowers, which means you should not go for them if you have a really big yard.
Regardless of the leaf blower you choose, it is important to make sure it suits your needs. Make sure the leaf blower you pick is durable and made of quality materials.